To continue to deliver on SFGH’s mission to provide quality health care and trauma services with compassion and respect for patients of all cultures and backgrounds, we have instituted a co-management service between Medicine and Orthopedics departments. The team is called the “Faculty Inpatient Service-Green Team”. This “Green Team” is designed to care for those hospitalized patients who need urgent/emergent orthopedic services but who also have very complicated past medical histories or acute medical problems via a dedicated team of internal medicine hospitalist working closely in conjunction with orthopedic subspecialist, physical therapists, and nurse practitioners.
The goal of the co-management team is to:
- Improve quality and safety of patient care
- Improve communication between health care teams
- Deliver the highest standard of care to our patients
- Enhance the educational environment
- Develop efficient and expertly managed care delivery to provide our patients optimal chances for healing and wellness recovery after their injury
We look forward to providing you and your loved ones these services should you ever need them, and thank you for choosing SFGH for your medical care. For questions regarding this multidisciplinary service, please contact Dr. Gabriel Ortiz.